On the heels of our last blog post, Did your instructor do this?, comes this story out of Texas.
July 23 (3:47 p.m.) A local gun store owner had an accidental discharge of his weapon while conducting a License to Carry class. A report was not made to police until the students in the class went home. When the police investigation began, the officer contacted an employee inside Potter’s Liquor, located next door to Triple G Guns at 1542 Sunset Drive, and discovered that the bullet went through the wall of the liquor store and hit a ceiling tile half-way through the store. The liquor store reported that this was not the first time the gun store has had a weapon discharge into the liquor store. James Goodwin, the owner of Triple G Guns, failed to report the discharge to the police department. The owner must report this incident to the State Board that regulates the License to Carry instruction.
And yet another…
N.C. — A negligent discharge at a gun shop sent two people to the hospital last Wednesday.
The man, a retired military sergeant who teaches gun safety classes elsewhere, was told that it was loaded, but it went off.
According to the police report, the bullet when through the shooter’s hand and struck another man in the upper thigh.