Once you’ve decided you want to become an NRA Instructor or add a new discipline, your next decision is what Training Counselor to take the class from. This is likely to be the most important decision you make in your instructing career.
If you plan to base the decision of who to train with on cost alone, it’s a simple matter to look at the NRA Instructor classes in your area and find the lowest price. You might get lucky and that Training Counselor may do a great job, but more likely basing your decision on price is going to cause you to lose out on a much better educational experience.
In every field or product, quality costs
NRA Training Counselors are free to set the cost of their NRA Certified Instructor class at whatever price point they wish. Some will look at what others charge and price their classes cheaper than everyone else. Most others will pick a price somewhere in the middle. Almost all will avoid being the highest.
Our classes are almost always the highest.
Students coming to Strategic Outfitters to become NRA Instructors, or for any of our classes, benefit from the depth and breadth of our experience, a custom designed training facility, and trainers that help you towards success.
- Doug has 24 years of experience in teaching including: FBI Academy in Quantico, VA; the Institute of Police Technology and Management (IPTM); and he is a professor at Valencia College in Orlando, FL
- In addition to being an NRA Training Counselor, Doug is also an NRA Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor
- Doug is one of only a handful of Training Counselors that is also licensed by the State of Florida as a Firearms Instructor and can therefore teach and qualify armed security officers and armed private investigators
- Unlike some Training Counselors that are only certified to teach NRA Pistol Instructors, Doug can teach the following NRA Instructor courses:
- NRA CCW
- Personal Protection In The Home (PPITH)
- Personal Protection Outside The Home (PPOTH)
- Refuse To Be A Victim (RTBAV)
- Home Firearm Safety
- Range Safety Officer/Chief Range Safety Officer (RSO/CRSO)
- At Strategic Outfitters, you don’t get a single trainer, you get a husband and wife team. Jody is an NRA Instructor certified in multiple disciplines and offers different perspectives to the topics covered
- Both have years of law enforcement experience, Jody at the local level and Doug as a Special Agent for the State of Florida
- Doug and Jody are successful business developers and owners, having created, run, and sold businesses in both the retail and service sectors for over two decades
- We have held an FFL for nearly a decade, giving us a great deal of insight into the hardware aspects of firearms, including NFA items (suppressors, short barreled rifles, etc.), and federal regulations covering their manufacture, sale, and transfer
What You Will Experience
- Our NRA Instructor classes go well beyond the required material. We share our insights and experiences in everything from establishing a business to marketing it
- We’ve invested hundreds of thousands of dollars and many thousands of hours in designing, building, equipping, and maintaining a concierge level training facility with classrooms, an onsite range, and a Pro Shop that is within easy driving distance from anywhere in the greater Orlando area
- Your manuals will already be assembled into notebooks so you can concentrate on learning and don’t have to bring empty three ring binders with you
- We mentor Instructors that train with us. Our professional guidance is always available to our students; it doesn’t end when the class does
Becoming an NRA Instructor: Value not Price
The cost of the training to become an NRA Instructor is an investment in your future. You can maximize that investment by making certain to attend the class that is going to teach you the most, especially as it pertains to the business side of being an Instructor.
To put cost into perspective, NRA Instructors typically charge around $65/student for classes to obtain a Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License. The cost difference between our classes and most others is only a couple of students—the tangible benefits you’ll receive are immeasurable.
Here’s a previous post on choosing a Training Counselor that goes into detail. Use it to compare us to the others and you’ll see that we offer the greatest value in training in the Central Florida area.
More information on our class to become a Certified NRA Instructor, including the registration page can be found here.